You have chosen a special place to live. Our two story condos, with front and back patios, are the closest style of living to a home-one that also has a swimming pool and volleyball court. Your landlord should have provided you with our "Resident Guide" that details the general policies that we follow at Kenbrooke Ct. along with keys to the swimming pool and basement of your building.
Our location is conveniently close to WMU and we enjoy the high energy and friendliness of the many students who reside here. We have a few more considerations and rules than an apartment complex because Kenbrooke is a permanent home to many of our residents.
Listed below are some rules and suggestions that will enhance the community aspect of the condominium lifestyle;
* It is important that you inform your guest(s) that we have assigned parking and that they should use the visitor spaces. The parking lots are patrolled regularly and cars will be towed if they are parked in a no parking area.
* It's a good idea to introduce yourself to your next-door neighbors and exchange phone numbers to use in emergency situations and to communicate concerns of excessive noise.
* Although co-owners are allowed to have a dog, tenants that have permission to have a dog need to pick up after their pet, failure to comply could lead to eviction if they violate our rules. There are doggy stations posted at key spots in Kenbrooke's campus.
* Please keep the laundry and storage room areas secure by closing the door tightly when you leave.
* If you experience rusty water, run the water in the bathtub until it runs clear. Do not run the kitchen faucet as the debris may clog the filter.
* Fall is the time for wasps and hornets to build nests for winter. Keep a spray handy to kill insects. Be aware that they may like to use a mailbox. Locate a nest before calling for service. (Wasps and hornets may be a serious issue for residents that have allergies.)
* The swimming pool will be open for a few weeks yet. Enjoy the September weather.
Tenants are reminded to keep their landlords informed of any maintenance or landscaping concerns. We are interested in keeping Kenbrooke Court a pleasant place for all to live.
The following are the rules for board members KCCA is looking to adopt.
The board has adopted a policy regarding collection of late association fees.
As of January 01, 2006, any co-owner with fees overdue by fifteen days will receive a notice of collection, any fees not paid in full by the forty forth day beyond due date shall have an additional fee of $87.50 added for attorney fees incurred on the forty fifth day.
Any delinquent co-owner(s) shall be responsible for any and all fees incurred by the association to collect fees due the association, which include but are not limited to: attorney fees, court cost, administrative fees, fines and any other cost or interest associated with fees, which are incurred in collecting past due amounts.